Catholic membership in the town council never fell below 33% and the two denominations alternated appointing mayors.For church affairs ever existed a Protestant and a Catholic Grand and Lesser Councils, which supervised the two schools in the city.
Starting in the late 12th century, a village grew up in the area around Erching and another grew up around the church at Oberkirch.
By the end of the 1220s, a fortified tower with a mill and chapel were built and a third village began to grow up around the castle.
Frauenfeld (Women's Field) is the capital of the canton of Thurgau in Switzerland.
The official language of Frauenfeld is (the Swiss variety of Standard) German, but the main spoken language is the local variant of the Alemannic Swiss German dialect.
On the ruins of the villa, an Early Middle Ages cemetery was built, and by the 9th century, the Oberkirch church was built.
Perhaps as a result of royal donation in the 9th century, or more likely a donation in the 13th century, the area around Frauenfeld belonged to the Dinghof (a church or monastery owned manor farm) of Erching.
The tower was for a long time in the hands of the Knights of Frauenfeld-Wiesendangen.
The political, social and economic background of becoming a city before 1286 are not clear: the relations of the early governors of Frauenfeld to the Kyburgs and Habsburgs are not clear.
The village was inhabited by the knightly family of Hörigen (who were allied with Reichnau) and several other knightly families who were allied with the Habsburg and Kyburg families.
In 1246 a knight with the last name/title zum Kyburger Umfeld is first mentioned in Frauenfeld.
The city was integrated into the Habsburg Amt of Kyburg.