Chobham is a village and civil parish in the Borough of Surrey Heath in Surrey, England.The village has a small high street area, specialising in traditional trades and motor trades.The Martin and Crawley families held them until the time when Mr Revel, M. The latter died in 1822, leaving the land to Sir Richard Williams-Bulkeley, 10th Baronet, after which now reduced in area, it was acquired by the Le Marchant baronets.
Chobham has a Cricket club that run 3 League teams on a Saturday and a social side on a Sunday.
The Cricket club has a colts section and run teams at U9 level through to U17 competing in West surrey youth cricket league.
The River Bourne and its northern tributary, the Hale, Mill Bourne or Windle Brook run through the village.
Chobham lost a large minority of its land to West End, in 1968, which has a higher population and was long associated with another parish.
Chobham has a wide range of outlying businesses, particularly plant growing and selling businesses, science/technology and restaurants.
Chobham has no railway line; it is approximately midway between London-terminating services at Woking and Sunningdale, just under 5 miles (8.0 km) away.
In the 19th century peat was cut from the soil all around the village, which provided a cheap and reliable fuel source for heat, smelting and cooking.
No property in the parish possessed as much land as a medieval manor would have had, since the dues of the whole parish before the English Reformation belonged to ecclesiastical landowners.
Chobham became known for the development represented by its tank factory and testing ground, producing Chobham armour. 1% of the population at the 2011 census (15 people) were employed in agriculture, forestry and fishing sector in 2011.
The largest sectors of employment were Wholesale and Retail Trade; Repair of Motor Vehicles and Motor Cycles and Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities at 15% and 11% of the population respectively.
In 1648 this house's predecessor was the property of Edward Bray, a descendant of the Shiere family, who paid composition for his estate as a Royalist.